UPS’s or Uninterruptable Power Supplies protect your critical power supplies and equipment from unpredictable power problems providing a clean and stable uninterruptable electrical power source.
The UPS is installed between your “critical” load and its source of electrical power and provides two functions:
- A continuous power source when the main power supply fails.
- A clean, stable and regulated supply when the main power supply is available.
The following are forms of power problems that can affect your power supply;
- Sags – a short duration voltage reduction below the nominal mains power supply level
- Brownouts – long term reduction in mains power supply voltage
- Surges – Short duration voltage increase above the nominal mains power supply level
- Spikes – fast moving high energy bursts lasting milli-seconds
- Harmonics – a distortion of the mains power supply voltage
- Blackouts- a complete mains power supply failure
Any of these power problems can have a catastrophic effect to your power equipment and can ultimately have an adverse effect to:
- Loss of business
- Your company’s reputation
- Loss of production
- Security breaches
A UPS, if selected correctly, can protect you from all of the above offering you piece of mind 24/7.
TEC work with the leading UPS suppliers and will only offer you a system that is fitting for your needs.
We, at TEC, can provide you with full design and build for your entire system requirement from a small office environment to a data centre.
Please contact us if you have any questions.